I know, baked brie is nothing new, but as an appetizer it certainly is an easy way to get something out on the table in no time. It's one of those back up plan dishes that you can have ready to go quickly whenever you have unexpected company drop by and everybody loves it. I usually always have some sort of jam or chutney, as well as, nuts in the pantry and there is a store minutes away that can supply the brie. No sweat. We also just had some friend serve us a baked brie with brown sugar, pecans and Kahlua liquor. Versatile!
Baked Brie With Figs and Walnuts
- 1 6-8 ounce wheel of Brie
- 2 tablespoons orange fig spread (I used Dalmatia brand)
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Cut the top rind off of the brie round and place in a small baking dish just slightly bigger than the brie wheel.
- Top with spread, walnuts and pepper, bake for 10 minutes, or until the brie is bubbly. Remove from the oven and serve with toasts or crackers.